Iran executes two `spies` working for CIA, Mossad
Tehran: Two Iranian spies, allegedly working for America`s Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Israel`s Mossad were on Sunday hanged in Iran, state-run IRIB TV reported.
Mohammad Heidari, one of the executed men, had prepared information in a number of security issues and had given them to Mossad in several meetings outside the country, Xinhua cited the report as saying.
Heidari received money in return for the information he had given to Mossad, the report said.
Another convicted man, Kourosh Ahmadi, who had links with "CIA elements", collected information about Iran and gave them to the US agency, it said.
In the past years, Iran has arrested many people allegedly linked to several foreign spying networks.
In 2009, three US hikers were detained on charges of illegally entering Iran and espionage. The female hiker, Sarah Shourd, was freed in 2010 on bail, and the other two, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal, were released in September 2011 also on bail.
In May 2012, an Iranian court sentenced 13 people after finding them guilty of espionage for the Israeli agency.
A Tehran court said the convicts were lured into spying for Mossad by overseas-based satellite TV networks and clever advertisement campaigns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October