Iran fires short-range missiles in Gulf war games
Tehran: Iran`s state television says the country has fired a series of missiles as part of an ongoing large-scale military manoeuvres in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
The TV report on Sunday said five ground-to-sea and sea-to-sea missiles were simultaneously fired.
It did not elaborate on the specifications of the missiles or say whether they are new.
However, the semi-official Fars news agency said on Saturday that four types of short-range missiles would be launched on Sunday in the war games, including Nasr 1, a short-range cruise capable of destroying targets up to 3,000 tons in size.
Iran`s Revolutionary Guard began on Thursday the war games, an annual show of military strength that often leads to heightened tension in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?