Iran fires short-range missiles in Gulf war games
Tehran: Iran`s state television says the country has fired a series of missiles as part of an ongoing large-scale military manoeuvres in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
The TV report on Sunday said five ground-to-sea and sea-to-sea missiles were simultaneously fired.
It did not elaborate on the specifications of the missiles or say whether they are new.
However, the semi-official Fars news agency said on Saturday that four types of short-range missiles would be launched on Sunday in the war games, including Nasr 1, a short-range cruise capable of destroying targets up to 3,000 tons in size.
Iran`s Revolutionary Guard began on Thursday the war games, an annual show of military strength that often leads to heightened tension in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'