Iran fires short-range missiles in Gulf war games
Tehran: Iran`s state television says the country has fired a series of missiles as part of an ongoing large-scale military manoeuvres in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
The TV report on Sunday said five ground-to-sea and sea-to-sea missiles were simultaneously fired.
It did not elaborate on the specifications of the missiles or say whether they are new.
However, the semi-official Fars news agency said on Saturday that four types of short-range missiles would be launched on Sunday in the war games, including Nasr 1, a short-range cruise capable of destroying targets up to 3,000 tons in size.
Iran`s Revolutionary Guard began on Thursday the war games, an annual show of military strength that often leads to heightened tension in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab