Iran fires short-range missiles in Gulf war games
Tehran: Iran`s state television says the country has fired a series of missiles as part of an ongoing large-scale military manoeuvres in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
The TV report on Sunday said five ground-to-sea and sea-to-sea missiles were simultaneously fired.
It did not elaborate on the specifications of the missiles or say whether they are new.
However, the semi-official Fars news agency said on Saturday that four types of short-range missiles would be launched on Sunday in the war games, including Nasr 1, a short-range cruise capable of destroying targets up to 3,000 tons in size.
Iran`s Revolutionary Guard began on Thursday the war games, an annual show of military strength that often leads to heightened tension in the region.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!