Iran fires short-range missiles in Gulf war games
Tehran: Iran`s state television says the country has fired a series of missiles as part of an ongoing large-scale military manoeuvres in the Persian Gulf and Strait of Hormuz.
The TV report on Sunday said five ground-to-sea and sea-to-sea missiles were simultaneously fired.
It did not elaborate on the specifications of the missiles or say whether they are new.
However, the semi-official Fars news agency said on Saturday that four types of short-range missiles would be launched on Sunday in the war games, including Nasr 1, a short-range cruise capable of destroying targets up to 3,000 tons in size.
Iran`s Revolutionary Guard began on Thursday the war games, an annual show of military strength that often leads to heightened tension in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Must watch VIDEO: When RCB's Virat Kohli, Chris Gayle performed 'Bhangda'
- Michael Schumacher is 'reacting' to treatment: Ex-Ferrari boss
- This lake in Sikkim will leave you spellbound – In pics
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Tarn Taran girl Simrandeep Kaur tops Punjab School Education Board 10th result with 99.08%