Iran FM hopeful on next round of nuclear talks
Tehran: Iran`s foreign minister says he is hopeful ahead of next week`s negotiations with world powers and reiterated Tehran`s demand for recognition of what it calls its "nuclear rights."
Talks between world powers and Iran are set to resume on Wednesday in Geneva after failing to strike an accord last weekend.
Both Iran and the United States have blamed each other for the failure to reach agreement to limit Tehran`s uranium enrichment in exchange for an easing of Western sanctions.
Mohammad Javad Zarif says in comments carried by the semi-official Fars news agency today that there is no chance for the upcoming round of talks to succeed, if the West ignores Iran`s demand for formal recognition of its right to enrich uranium.
Iran denies it`s pursuing a nuclear weapon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS