Iran FM in Abu Dhabi amid rising regional tensions
Abu Dhabi: Senior officials in the United Arab Emirates are holding talks with Iran`s foreign minister amid growing Gulf accusations of political meddling by Tehran.
The official news agency WAM says Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi met on Sunday with top UAE envoys as part of a tour seeking to ease tensions. Salehi last week visited Qatar and Oman.
Shi’ite heavyweight Iran has sharply criticised efforts by the Gulf`s Sunni leaders to quell pro-reform protests, including sending a Saudi-led military force to aid Bahrain`s monarchy in March. Bahrain`s majority Shi’ites have since faced sweeping crackdowns.
Gulf Arab leaders plan to meet on Tuesday in Saudi Arabia. The group strongly denounced Iran at its last gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?