Iran FM in Abu Dhabi amid rising regional tensions
Abu Dhabi: Senior officials in the United Arab Emirates are holding talks with Iran`s foreign minister amid growing Gulf accusations of political meddling by Tehran.
The official news agency WAM says Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi met on Sunday with top UAE envoys as part of a tour seeking to ease tensions. Salehi last week visited Qatar and Oman.
Shi’ite heavyweight Iran has sharply criticised efforts by the Gulf`s Sunni leaders to quell pro-reform protests, including sending a Saudi-led military force to aid Bahrain`s monarchy in March. Bahrain`s majority Shi’ites have since faced sweeping crackdowns.
Gulf Arab leaders plan to meet on Tuesday in Saudi Arabia. The group strongly denounced Iran at its last gathering.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference