Iran FM in Abu Dhabi amid rising regional tensions
Abu Dhabi: Senior officials in the United Arab Emirates are holding talks with Iran`s foreign minister amid growing Gulf accusations of political meddling by Tehran.
The official news agency WAM says Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi met on Sunday with top UAE envoys as part of a tour seeking to ease tensions. Salehi last week visited Qatar and Oman.
Shi’ite heavyweight Iran has sharply criticised efforts by the Gulf`s Sunni leaders to quell pro-reform protests, including sending a Saudi-led military force to aid Bahrain`s monarchy in March. Bahrain`s majority Shi’ites have since faced sweeping crackdowns.
Gulf Arab leaders plan to meet on Tuesday in Saudi Arabia. The group strongly denounced Iran at its last gathering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security