Iran FM says `no information` on Al-Jazeera reporter
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said on Saturday that he had "no information" on the whereabouts of an American journalist working for Al-Jazeera after Damascus said she was sent to Tehran, the official IRNA news agency reported.
"I have no information," replied Salehi to a question about whether Syria, Iran`s main Arab ally, had handed over the journalist.
Syria expelled Dorothy Parvez to Iran after she tried to enter illegally on an expired Iranian passport, the Syrian embassy in Washington said in a statement on Wednesday.
The embassy said Parvez was put on a Caspian Airlines flight to Tehran on May 01, escorted by the Iranian consul in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown