Iran FM says `no information` on Al-Jazeera reporter
Tehran: Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said on Saturday that he had "no information" on the whereabouts of an American journalist working for Al-Jazeera after Damascus said she was sent to Tehran, the official IRNA news agency reported.
"I have no information," replied Salehi to a question about whether Syria, Iran`s main Arab ally, had handed over the journalist.
Syria expelled Dorothy Parvez to Iran after she tried to enter illegally on an expired Iranian passport, the Syrian embassy in Washington said in a statement on Wednesday.
The embassy said Parvez was put on a Caspian Airlines flight to Tehran on May 01, escorted by the Iranian consul in Damascus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone