`Iran foiled many bids to assassinate scientists`
Tehran: Iran has thwarted a number of assassination plots aimed at killing its scientists, according to Iranian Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi.
One of the plans that the recently apprehended groups were supposed to carry out was assassination of certain Iranian individuals who have made achievements in different areas of science, Fars news agency quoted Moslehi as saying on Sunday.
Iranian scientists have made great progress in various areas of science and technology, but they cannot be introduced to the public in order to ensure their safety, reported Xinhua citing Moslehi.
In the past several years, a number of Iranian nuclear scientists were killed or injured by unidentified suspects using bombing attacks.
Iran`s intelligence forces could finally frustrate the enemy`s assassination plots, he added.
Iran, as well as some western media, have said the US and Israeli operatives are to blame for these attacks. The US denied these charges, but its close ally Israel have neither denied nor confirmed such accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs