`Iran foiled many bids to assassinate scientists`
Tehran: Iran has thwarted a number of assassination plots aimed at killing its scientists, according to Iranian Intelligence Minister Heidar Moslehi.
One of the plans that the recently apprehended groups were supposed to carry out was assassination of certain Iranian individuals who have made achievements in different areas of science, Fars news agency quoted Moslehi as saying on Sunday.
Iranian scientists have made great progress in various areas of science and technology, but they cannot be introduced to the public in order to ensure their safety, reported Xinhua citing Moslehi.
In the past several years, a number of Iranian nuclear scientists were killed or injured by unidentified suspects using bombing attacks.
Iran`s intelligence forces could finally frustrate the enemy`s assassination plots, he added.
Iran, as well as some western media, have said the US and Israeli operatives are to blame for these attacks. The US denied these charges, but its close ally Israel have neither denied nor confirmed such accusations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP