Iran Foreign Minister in hospital over misquote on US
Tehran: Iran`s foreign minister says he checked himself into hospital because of back pain and spasms he felt after a hard-line newspaper misquoted him on the subject of the new president`s outreach to the US.
Mohammad Javad Zarif says on his Facebook page that he cancelled his appointments and went to hospital late yesterday.
He says he became upset after Kayhan daily "misquoted" him as saying Iranian President Hassan Rouhani`s recent telephone conversation with President Barack Obama was "inappropriate."
Although Iran`s top leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has backed Rouhani`s outreach to the US, he has hinted that some aspects of those efforts were "not appropriate."
This was understood to refer to the Obama-Rouhani phone conversation during the Iranian president`s visit to the UN General Assembly in New York last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?