Iran Foreign Minister in hospital over misquote on US
Tehran: Iran`s foreign minister says he checked himself into hospital because of back pain and spasms he felt after a hard-line newspaper misquoted him on the subject of the new president`s outreach to the US.
Mohammad Javad Zarif says on his Facebook page that he cancelled his appointments and went to hospital late yesterday.
He says he became upset after Kayhan daily "misquoted" him as saying Iranian President Hassan Rouhani`s recent telephone conversation with President Barack Obama was "inappropriate."
Although Iran`s top leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has backed Rouhani`s outreach to the US, he has hinted that some aspects of those efforts were "not appropriate."
This was understood to refer to the Obama-Rouhani phone conversation during the Iranian president`s visit to the UN General Assembly in New York last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon