Iran foreign minister to visit Russia next week
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif will travel to Russia next week for a meeting of the countries that border the Caspian Sea, the official IRNA news agency reported.
"Mr Zarif will arrive in Russia on Tuesday,` for the gathering of the Caspian Sea littoral states, Iran`s ambassador to Russia, Mehdi Sanaei, wrote on his Facebook page.
Since the formal dissolution of the Soviet Union, the nations that border the Caspian (Iran, Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan) have failed to agree on the sea`s legal status.
Sanaei also said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani would visit Russia in September for a meeting of the heads of the Caspian sea countries.
Iran and Russia are close allies.
In Syria`s civil war both nations have supported President Bashar al-Assad`s regime against mainly Sunni rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities
- Guess which state has max urban net subscribers; Maha, Delhi tied in 2nd spot
- IOC in talks to buy GSPC's stake in Mundra LNG terminal
- UK vote to leave EU `adds to uncertainty` in global economy: G20