Iran foreign minister to visit Russia next week
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif will travel to Russia next week for a meeting of the countries that border the Caspian Sea, the official IRNA news agency reported.
"Mr Zarif will arrive in Russia on Tuesday,` for the gathering of the Caspian Sea littoral states, Iran`s ambassador to Russia, Mehdi Sanaei, wrote on his Facebook page.
Since the formal dissolution of the Soviet Union, the nations that border the Caspian (Iran, Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan) have failed to agree on the sea`s legal status.
Sanaei also said Iranian President Hassan Rouhani would visit Russia in September for a meeting of the heads of the Caspian sea countries.
Iran and Russia are close allies.
In Syria`s civil war both nations have supported President Bashar al-Assad`s regime against mainly Sunni rebels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI