Iran formally complains to US over plot charges
Washington: An American official says Iran has
formally complained to the US over claims the Iranian
government was involved in an alleged plot to kill Saudi
Arabia`s ambassador to the United States.
The official said yesterday that the US received a
diplomatic note on Friday expressing displeasure with the
charges that were levelled earlier this month.
Iran has already denied the allegations. The official said
the note was delivered through the Swiss embassy in Tehran,
which represents US interests in Iran since the two countries
don`t have diplomatic relations.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a
private diplomatic exchange.
Iran has angrily denied charges brought by US federal
prosecutors that an Iranian government agent was involved in
plotting the assassination of the Saudi ambassador.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details