Iran formally complains to US over plot charges
Washington: An American official says Iran has
formally complained to the US over claims the Iranian
government was involved in an alleged plot to kill Saudi
Arabia`s ambassador to the United States.
The official said yesterday that the US received a
diplomatic note on Friday expressing displeasure with the
charges that were levelled earlier this month.
Iran has already denied the allegations. The official said
the note was delivered through the Swiss embassy in Tehran,
which represents US interests in Iran since the two countries
don`t have diplomatic relations.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss a
private diplomatic exchange.
Iran has angrily denied charges brought by US federal
prosecutors that an Iranian government agent was involved in
plotting the assassination of the Saudi ambassador.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'