Iran gas pipelines explode: Reports
Tehran: Up to three gas pipelines
exploded on Friday in central Iran near the Shiite holy city of
Qom without causing casualties or disruption of fuel supply,
media reports said.
The Mehr news agency said three pipelines were struck by
the blast, the cause of which is unknown, while a report
published by the ISNA news agency said it was a single
pipeline which exploded this morning.
"Three gas pipelines exploded at around 5:50 am (local
time) 25 kilometres north of town of Salafchegan," a special
free economic zone located southwest of Qom, the Mehr report
said, adding the blast caused panic among the residents of the
The ISNA report said the explosion struck "a pipeline and
the blast did not cause any casualties," adding the cause of
the blast was being investigated.
The report, citing unnamed officials of National Iranian
Gas Company, said gas distribution to households, power
plants, businesses and industrial consumers had not been
disrupted due to the blast.
Seven major oil and gas pipelines are located in the area
where the fuel from fields in southern Iran is transfered to
the north where most major Iranian cities are based.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble