Iran hangs 3 drug traffickers: Report
Tehran: Iran has hanged three men convicted of drug trafficking in a prison in the central city of Isfahan, Fars news agency reported on Monday.
The report identified the men sent to gallows on Sunday as Morteza 40, Qader 32, and Gholam Reza, 38. The latest hangings bring to at least 38 the number of people executed in Iran so far this year, according to a report.
Last year, at least 270 people were hanged.
Tehran says the death penalty is essential to maintain public security and applied only after exhaustive judicial proceedings. Murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and adultery are all punishable by death in Iran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!