Iran hangs `Mossad spy`: State media
Tehran: Iran Tuesday hanged a man found
guilty of giving information on Iranian missiles to Israeli intelligence service Mossad, state news agency IRNA reported,
quoting the Tehran prosecutor`s office.
Ali Akbar Siadat was hanged in Tehran`s Evin prison
after having been condemned to death for "working for Mossad,"
said the prosecutor`s office, IRNA reported.
Siadat was found guilty of having had links with
Mossad for six years, said IRNA.
"He had received 60,000 dollars to give classified
information to the Zionist regime," IRNA reported.
IRNA said Siadat had acknowledged having established
contacts with one Israeli embassy overseas and that he had
been giving information "about missiles belonging to the
He was also transferring information of Iranian
military bases to the "enemy," IRNA said. Three years ago
Siadat had received a computer and other equipment for his
work, the report added.
Siadat used to meet his contacts from the Israeli
intelligence service in Turkey, Thailand and Netherlands in
different hotels, IRNA said.
He was arrested two years ago with his wife while
trying to leave Iran, the report added.
Iranian media on Sunday announced that another Iranian
had also been sentenced to death for working as a "spy" for
"This spy has been sentenced to death. His identity
will be revealed after confirmation of the sentence," Tehran
prosecutor Abbas Jafari Dolatabadi was quoted by Mehr news
agency as saying on Sunday.
In late October, media reports quoted Dolatabadi as
saying that two Iranians had been charged with spying for
Israel, which accuses Tehran of seeking to develop atomic
weapons under the guise of a civilian nuclear programme.
Iran routinely accuses arch-foe Israel of carrying out
hostile activities against the Islamic republic, including
espionage against its armed forces and against its nuclear
Iranian officials have accused the Israeli
intelligence services, as well as the US and Britain, of
attacking two of its top nuclear scientists on November 26.
Majid Shahriari, a senior scientist involved in Iran`s
nuclear activities, was killed by a bomb placed against his
car. Fereydoun Abbassi Davani, another top nuclear expert, was
wounded in a similar attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets