Iran hangs three drug traffickers: Report
Tehran: Iran has hanged three men who
were found guilty of drug trafficking, in a prison in the
central city of Yazd, ISNA news agency reported on Tuesday.
The report did not say when the executions were
The latest hangings bring the number of executions in
Iran to at least 116 this year, according to an AFP count
based on media reports. At least 270 people were hanged in
Iran says the death penalty is essential to maintain
public security and is applied only after exhaustive judicial
Murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and
adultery are all punishable by death in the Islamic republic.
Iran is among the countries that execute the most
people each year, along with China, Saudi Arabia and the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi