Iran hangs three drug traffickers: Report
Tehran: Iran has hanged three men who
were found guilty of drug trafficking, in a prison in the
central city of Yazd, ISNA news agency reported on Tuesday.
The report did not say when the executions were
The latest hangings bring the number of executions in
Iran to at least 116 this year, according to an AFP count
based on media reports. At least 270 people were hanged in
Iran says the death penalty is essential to maintain
public security and is applied only after exhaustive judicial
Murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and
adultery are all punishable by death in the Islamic republic.
Iran is among the countries that execute the most
people each year, along with China, Saudi Arabia and the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal