Iran hangs woman, three men for drug trafficking: Report
Tehran: Iran today hanged a woman and
three men in a prison in the northwestern city of Zanjan after
they were found guilty of drug trafficking, Fars news agency
The report did not identify those who were hanged but
said the executions were carried out in Zanjan`s main prison.
The latest hangings bring the number of executions in
Iran to at least 129 in 2010 so far, according to an AFP count
based on media reports. At least 270 people were hanged last
Iran says the death penalty is essential to maintain
public security and is applied only after exhaustive judicial
Murder, rape, armed robbery, drug trafficking and
adultery are all punishable by death in the Islamic republic.
Iran is one of the leading countries that carry out
executions each year, along with China, Saudi Arabia and the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH