Iran hard-liners say Rouhani halted missile drill
Tehran: Iran`s official news agency says hard-line lawmakers have accused President Hassan Rouhani of halting a scheduled missile exercise.
The Sunday report by IRNA says 24 lawmakers in a statement said the Supreme National Security Council, headed by the president, stopped the annual test and did not approve its budget.
In a separate letter, the lawmakers accused Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif of preventing foreign experts to assist Iran with its missile technology, the semi-official Mehr news agency reported. It did not elaborate.
Hard-liners are at odds with Rouhani and Zarif over their policy of outreach with the West.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter