Iran has drone engine know-how
Tehran: Iran has the know-how to build engines used in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), an official said.
"We are building turbofan engines for a variety of UAVs," Iranian Armed Forces deputy Brigadier General Abdolkarim Banitarafi said on Friday.
The construction of the engines is a significant step in the direction of building indigenous drones, the state-run Press TV quoted Banitarafi as saying.
Turbofan is a type of jet engine widely used for aircraft propulsion. Iran has taken "major steps" towards designing large Turbofan engines, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Turkey discharges generals, shuts media outlets after coup
- Fed leaves rates unchanged but says US economy improving
- French church attackers pledged allegiance to ISIS in video
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region