Iran has drone engine know-how
Tehran: Iran has the know-how to build engines used in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), an official said.
"We are building turbofan engines for a variety of UAVs," Iranian Armed Forces deputy Brigadier General Abdolkarim Banitarafi said on Friday.
The construction of the engines is a significant step in the direction of building indigenous drones, the state-run Press TV quoted Banitarafi as saying.
Turbofan is a type of jet engine widely used for aircraft propulsion. Iran has taken "major steps" towards designing large Turbofan engines, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption