Iran has drone engine know-how
Tehran: Iran has the know-how to build engines used in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), an official said.
"We are building turbofan engines for a variety of UAVs," Iranian Armed Forces deputy Brigadier General Abdolkarim Banitarafi said on Friday.
The construction of the engines is a significant step in the direction of building indigenous drones, the state-run Press TV quoted Banitarafi as saying.
Turbofan is a type of jet engine widely used for aircraft propulsion. Iran has taken "major steps" towards designing large Turbofan engines, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study