Iran has drone engine know-how
Tehran: Iran has the know-how to build engines used in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), an official said.
"We are building turbofan engines for a variety of UAVs," Iranian Armed Forces deputy Brigadier General Abdolkarim Banitarafi said on Friday.
The construction of the engines is a significant step in the direction of building indigenous drones, the state-run Press TV quoted Banitarafi as saying.
Turbofan is a type of jet engine widely used for aircraft propulsion. Iran has taken "major steps" towards designing large Turbofan engines, Xinhua reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why