`Iran has not halted 20% uranium enrichment`
Tehran: Tehran has not halted enrichment of uranium to 20 percent purity level, a senior Iranian lawmaker said Saturday.
The latest remarks by the Majlis (parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission chairman, Alaeddin Boroujerdi, run contrary to earlier assertions by another member of the commission who said Iran had temporarily stopped the production of 20 percent enriched uranium, Xinhua reported.
Stating that Iran`s nuclear activities are being pursued as they were in the past, Boroujerdi said Iran "continues the (uranium) enrichment to the level of 20 percent", official IRNA news agency reported.
About nuclear talks between Iran and the world powers, Boroujerdi said in the recent talks between Iran and the P5+1, namely the US, China, Russia, France and Britain plus Germany, Iran asked the powers to recognise its enrichment right and remove sanctions.
"We need to wait for the results of the negotiations," he added.
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury