Iran has right to peaceful use of atomic energy: Lavrov
Moscow: Iran, a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, has an inalienable right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under the control of the IAEA, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
During a meeting with Israel`s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya`alon yesterday, June 1, Lavrov "stated arguments in support of the Russian approach in favour of resolving all concerns about the nature of the Iranian nuclear programme solely through negotiations".
He expressed Russia`s readiness to assist in achieving this goal and reiterated that Iran has a right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack