Iran has right to peaceful use of atomic energy: Lavrov
Moscow: Iran, a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, has an inalienable right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under the control of the IAEA, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
During a meeting with Israel`s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya`alon yesterday, June 1, Lavrov "stated arguments in support of the Russian approach in favour of resolving all concerns about the nature of the Iranian nuclear programme solely through negotiations".
He expressed Russia`s readiness to assist in achieving this goal and reiterated that Iran has a right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song