Iran has right to peaceful use of atomic energy: Lavrov
Moscow: Iran, a member of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, has an inalienable right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under the control of the IAEA, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said.
During a meeting with Israel`s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Strategic Affairs Moshe Ya`alon yesterday, June 1, Lavrov "stated arguments in support of the Russian approach in favour of resolving all concerns about the nature of the Iranian nuclear programme solely through negotiations".
He expressed Russia`s readiness to assist in achieving this goal and reiterated that Iran has a right to develop a peaceful nuclear programme under International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried