Iran hits out at John Kerry, blames West for no nuke deal
Zee Media Bureau
Tehran: In what seemed to threaten the nascent thaw evolving between Iran and the US, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif came down heavily on US Secretary of State John Kerry, denying the remarks that Tehran walked out of a nuke deal in Geneva talks.
In a riposte on Twitter directed at John Kerry, Zarif asked Kerry whether it was Iran who "gutted over" a US draft on nuke deal and commented against it the next day.
We are committed to constructive engagement. Interaction on equal footing key to achieve shared objectives.
— Javad Zarif (@JZarif) November 11, 2013
Zarif`s tweet came in response to Kerry`s remarks in Abu Dhabi when he told reporters that the sextet (p5+1) was unified on the nuke deal but it was Iran which refused to accept it.
"The P5+1 was unified on Saturday when we presented our proposal to the Iranians… But Iran couldn’t take it, at that particular moment they weren’t able to accept,” Kerry had said.
Kerry`s comments in turn were triggered after France said that a nuke deal was very possible in the recent Geneva talks that ended Saturday.
Earlier, it was reported that France was the one to have scuttled the deal as it didn`t accept Iranian proposals. However, seeking to speak otherwise, Kerry said that the deal could not be sealed because of Iran`s denial.
"The French signed off on it, we signed off on it," Kerry said.
However, Kerry exuded hope that a deal would be signed in "next months".
“Our hope is that in the next months we can find an agreement that meets everyone’s standards,” Kerry told reporters in Abu Dhabi.
The talks between Iran and six world powers in Geneva that started last Thursday, concluded without any nuke deal.
The next talks are scheduled for Nov 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 94 seats, BJP in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race