Iran holds air defence military exercises
Tehran: Iran says it has begun a four-day air defence military exercise aimed at upgrading its ability to protect its airspace and its nuclear facilities in case of an attack.
The official IRNA news agency says the drills involve the elite Revolutionary Guard as well as Iran`s regular Army in an area covering 800,000 kilometres in eastern Iran, near the Afghan border. The war games began on Saturday morning.
The war games are taking place amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s disputed nuclear program. Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has hinted that Israel may take military action.
Iran denies that it is developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says