Iran holds air defence military exercises
Tehran: Iran says it has begun a four-day air defence military exercise aimed at upgrading its ability to protect its airspace and its nuclear facilities in case of an attack.
The official IRNA news agency says the drills involve the elite Revolutionary Guard as well as Iran`s regular Army in an area covering 800,000 kilometres in eastern Iran, near the Afghan border. The war games began on Saturday morning.
The war games are taking place amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s disputed nuclear program. Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has hinted that Israel may take military action.
Iran denies that it is developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29