Iran holds air defence military exercises
Tehran: Iran says it has begun a four-day air defence military exercise aimed at upgrading its ability to protect its airspace and its nuclear facilities in case of an attack.
The official IRNA news agency says the drills involve the elite Revolutionary Guard as well as Iran`s regular Army in an area covering 800,000 kilometres in eastern Iran, near the Afghan border. The war games began on Saturday morning.
The war games are taking place amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s disputed nuclear program. Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has hinted that Israel may take military action.
Iran denies that it is developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`