Iran holds air defence military exercises
Tehran: Iran says it has begun a four-day air defence military exercise aimed at upgrading its ability to protect its airspace and its nuclear facilities in case of an attack.
The official IRNA news agency says the drills involve the elite Revolutionary Guard as well as Iran`s regular Army in an area covering 800,000 kilometres in eastern Iran, near the Afghan border. The war games began on Saturday morning.
The war games are taking place amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s disputed nuclear program. Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has hinted that Israel may take military action.
Iran denies that it is developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes