Iran holds air defence military exercises
Tehran: Iran says it has begun a four-day air defence military exercise aimed at upgrading its ability to protect its airspace and its nuclear facilities in case of an attack.
The official IRNA news agency says the drills involve the elite Revolutionary Guard as well as Iran`s regular Army in an area covering 800,000 kilometres in eastern Iran, near the Afghan border. The war games began on Saturday morning.
The war games are taking place amid escalating tensions between Iran and the West over Iran`s disputed nuclear program. Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak has hinted that Israel may take military action.
Iran denies that it is developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Know why sex loses its steam in couples
- Smartphone may reveal your sexual preferences