Iran, IAEA talks to be held in February
Tehran: Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) will hold their next round of talks in Tehran Feb 8, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi announced here Tuesday.
"Based on the agreements, the negotiations will be held in Tehran on Feb 8," Araqchi told semi-official Fars news agency, Xinhua reported.
The meeting, aimed at boosting the transparency of Iran over its nuclear programme, was once scheduled to be held Jan 21.
Under an agreement between Iran and the IAEA reached Nov 11, Iran would allow the UN nuclear watchdog`s inspectors to visit central Arak heavy water plant and Gachin yellow cake mine in the south. A team of inspectors of the IAEA visited Arak heavy water reactor Dec 8.
In relevant remarks, Iran`s envoy to the IAEA Reza Najafi said the delay of the meeting was agreed upon, since Iran and six world powers, or the P5+1 group, plan to implement the Joint Plan of Action on Iran`s nuclear programme Jan 20, according to official IRNA news agency.
A letter sent to the IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano by EU foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton on behalf of the P5+1 group, concerning the Joint Plan of Action agreed with Iran Nov 24 in Geneva, highlighted the important role of the IAEA in the verification of the nuclear-related measures agreed in Geneva.
Under the Geneva deal, the US and its allies shall grant Iran limited relief of sanctions on its oil, gold, petrochemicals, auto industries and civil aviation.
In exchange, Iran shall halt uranium enrichment above 5 percent and neutralise its stockpile of 20-percent uranium by means of oxidizing and dilution.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- 143 of 300 girls cleared JEE under Udaan scheme: Smriti Irani
- Uber and Ola accused by Karnataka of violating rules, vehicles seized
- Will free jailed Pakistan doctor who tracked Osama bin Laden: Donald Trump
- Federation Cup National Athletics: Lalita Babar sets national mark, Sudha Singh joins her in 2016 Rio Olympics 3000m steeple
- Delhi Speaker nominates 13 AAP MLAs as members of civic bodies