Iran is now a nuclear state: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said Iran is now a nuclear country and that it has achieved nuclear know-how for energy purposes, a media report said.
"Though the US and its allies have been exerting political and propaganda pressure and have issued resolutions against Iran over its nuclear programme, all their efforts have failed and Iran has now become a nuclear country," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by Press TV.
Addressing a gathering in northern Karaj city, the Iranian President said cooperation rather than confrontation was the only way to resolve issues related to Iran`s nuclear energy programme.
"We are open to cooperation based on our rights," he said, warning Western countries that Iran would give a "regretting" response to anyone who "intends to prevent Iran from achieving its rights".
He termed the sanction resolutions passed by the UN against Iran as "illegal" and said the sanctions would only "strengthen the Iranian nation" and accelerate the pace of its progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player