Iran is now a nuclear state: Ahmadinejad
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has said Iran is now a nuclear country and that it has achieved nuclear know-how for energy purposes, a media report said.
"Though the US and its allies have been exerting political and propaganda pressure and have issued resolutions against Iran over its nuclear programme, all their efforts have failed and Iran has now become a nuclear country," Ahmadinejad was quoted as saying by Press TV.
Addressing a gathering in northern Karaj city, the Iranian President said cooperation rather than confrontation was the only way to resolve issues related to Iran`s nuclear energy programme.
"We are open to cooperation based on our rights," he said, warning Western countries that Iran would give a "regretting" response to anyone who "intends to prevent Iran from achieving its rights".
He termed the sanction resolutions passed by the UN against Iran as "illegal" and said the sanctions would only "strengthen the Iranian nation" and accelerate the pace of its progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre