Iran launches Yellowcake processing complex
Tehran: Iran inaugurated a Yellowcake processing complex in the central province of Yazd Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
In a ceremony broadcast live on IRIB TV, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad opened the Shahid Rezaeenejad complex in the city of Ardakan.
Yellowcake is a kind of uranium concentrate powder obtained from leach solutions, in an intermediate step in the processing of uranium ores. It is used in the preparation of uranium fuel for nuclear reactors.
In the ceremony, which also marked Iran`s National Nuclear Technology Day, Ahmadinejad said that the country has made such achievements despite the political and sanctions` pressures.
On Tuesday, the Islamic republic also launched Saghand uranium complex, in Yazd province, projected to extract uranium from 350-meter depth.
The official IRNA news agency reported Monday that the extracted uranium will be processed into Yellowcake in Shahid Rezaeenejad complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II