Iran launches Yellowcake processing complex
Tehran: Iran inaugurated a Yellowcake processing complex in the central province of Yazd Tuesday, Xinhua reported.
In a ceremony broadcast live on IRIB TV, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad opened the Shahid Rezaeenejad complex in the city of Ardakan.
Yellowcake is a kind of uranium concentrate powder obtained from leach solutions, in an intermediate step in the processing of uranium ores. It is used in the preparation of uranium fuel for nuclear reactors.
In the ceremony, which also marked Iran`s National Nuclear Technology Day, Ahmadinejad said that the country has made such achievements despite the political and sanctions` pressures.
On Tuesday, the Islamic republic also launched Saghand uranium complex, in Yazd province, projected to extract uranium from 350-meter depth.
The official IRNA news agency reported Monday that the extracted uranium will be processed into Yellowcake in Shahid Rezaeenejad complex.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack