Iran lawmakers introduce uranium-enrichment bill
Tehran: Iran`s state television broadcaster is reporting that some 100 lawmakers have introduced a bill that would force the government to increase uranium enrichment to 60 percent if new sanctions are imposed on the Islamic Republic.
The report on Wednesday said the bill would be put on Parliament`s agenda.
The bill is likely a response to a legislation introduced in the US Senate last week that would authorise new economic sanctions on Iran if it breaches the interim nuclear deal reached in Geneva last month or fails to strike a final agreement.
Under the deal, Iran agreed to limit its uranium enrichment to five percent and neutralise its stockpile of 20-percent enriched uranium in return for the easing of some sanctions and a pledge not to impose new ones.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love