‘Iran leader orders sacking of Ahmadinejad VP pick’
Tehran: Iran`s supreme leader Ayatollah
Ali Khamenei on Friday ordered the dismissal of President Mahmoud
Ahmadinejad`s pick for Vice President, close aide Esfandiar
Rahim Mashaie, state television reported.
"The appointment of Mr Rahim Mashaie as a deputy to
the president is against your best interest and the
government`s interest, and it will cause division and
frustration among your supporters," Khamenei was quoted as
saying in a letter about the controversial appointment.
"It is necessary that the appointment be cancelled,"
he added, the channel said without giving a date for the
Ahmadinejad`s naming of Rahim Mashaie as his first
deputy last week had sparked a chorus of opposition in Iran,
even among the hardline incumbent`s own hardline supporters.
They had been outraged by comments the vice president
made about the Islamic republic`s arch-foe Israel last year.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 32: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Kings XI Punjab — As it happened...
- Non-veg food banned in Lucknow University campus, students term the decision as 'anti-Dalit'
- When Sachin Tendulkar's run-out against Pakistan triggered huge riot
- Rishi Kapoor spills the beans over son Ranbir Kapoor’s break-up with Katrina Kaif?
- Canara Bank revises lending rates based on MCLR