Iran links to Delhi blast won’t surprise US
Washington: Still awaiting the results of investigation into attack on a Israeli diplomatic vehicle in New Delhi early this week, the United States on Thursday said that it would not be surprised if an Iranian link is identified in such an attack.
"We are still awaiting the results of the various investigations that are underway, and we are in contact with all of those governments," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at her daily news conference.
"But, no definitive conclusions although, as we said yesterday, it wouldn`t surprise us," Nuland said responding to a question if the US has found any Iranian link into these attacks, as is being alleged by Israel.
A motorcycle-borne assailant had stuck a bomb on a car in which an Israeli embassy employee was travelling that exploded injuring her and others in New Delhi.
"What I would say is that with regard to this bombing, the incidents in Delhi, incidents in Georgia, while we will await the results of the investigations, these events do come on the heels of other disrupted attacks targeted at Israel and Western interests, including an Iranian-sponsored attack in Baku, Azerbaijan, and a Hezbollah-linked attack in Bangkok, Thailand, before this," she had said early this week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog