Iran may allocate $20 mn to probe US abuses
Tehran: Iranian state radio says Parliament plans to debate a bill to allocate USD 20 million to investigate alleged US human rights abuses against prison detainees.
The decision is seen as a reaction to US criticism of Iran`s violent crackdown against protesters following the disputed June Presidential Election.
Today`s radio report says if the measure is approved, a committee made up of representatives from several ministries would investigate alleged "human rights violations and torture in US prisons as well as its secret prisons in Europe" where Washington held suspected terrorists.
The proposed bill comes at a time when Iran`s leaders are fending off allegations that detained protesters were abused and tortured to death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday