Iran missile test makes case for further sanctions: British PM
London: Iran`s medium-range missile test
on Wednesday is a matter of "serious concern" and makes the case for
"moving further on sanctions," British Prime Minister Gordon
Brown is in Copenhagen for the United Nations climate
summit, where he discussed the development with UN Secretary
General Ban Ki-moon.
"I have expressed to him and he has also expressed
concern about the test of a long-range missile by Iran," Brown
said, according to his Downing Street office in London.
"This is a matter of serious concern to the international
community and it does make the case for us moving further on
"We will treat this with the seriousness it deserves."
Iran successfully test-fired an improved version of its
Sejil 2 medium-range missile which it says can reach targets
inside Israel, state television announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'