Iran missile test makes case for further sanctions: British PM
London: Iran`s medium-range missile test
on Wednesday is a matter of "serious concern" and makes the case for
"moving further on sanctions," British Prime Minister Gordon
Brown is in Copenhagen for the United Nations climate
summit, where he discussed the development with UN Secretary
General Ban Ki-moon.
"I have expressed to him and he has also expressed
concern about the test of a long-range missile by Iran," Brown
said, according to his Downing Street office in London.
"This is a matter of serious concern to the international
community and it does make the case for us moving further on
"We will treat this with the seriousness it deserves."
Iran successfully test-fired an improved version of its
Sejil 2 medium-range missile which it says can reach targets
inside Israel, state television announced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC