Iran missile test undermines claim of peaceful intent: US
Washington: Iran`s medium-range missile test
undermines the Islamic republic`s claim of peaceful intentions
and increases world resolve against Tehran`s nuclear aims, the
White House said on Wednesday.
"At a time when the international community has offered
Iran opportunities to begin to build trust and confidence,
Iran`s missile tests only undermine Iran`s claims of peaceful
intentions," said National Security Council spokesman
"Such actions will increase the seriousness and resolve
of the international community to hold Iran accountable for
its continued defiance of its international obligations on its
Iran today test-fired what it said was a faster version
of its Sejil medium-range missile with a range that would
allow it to reach targets inside Israel, drawing sharp
The defiant test of the Sejil 2 missile comes as world
powers mull fresh sanctions against the Islamic republic for
its controversial nuclear enrichment program.
Iranian state television said the missile "hit the
defined target," but gave no further details.
The two-stage Sejil, powered by solid fuel, is capable
according to Iran of traveling 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles),
which would put arch-foe Israel, most Arab states and parts of
Europe, including much of Turkey, within range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened