Iran monitoring to cost USD 6 million: Nuke agency
Vienna: The UN nuclear agency estimates that monitoring Iran`s compliance with terms of the nuclear deal Tehran reached with six world powers will cost USD 6 million.
The figure is contained in a confidential report obtained yesterday. It was prepared for a meeting Monday of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency`s 35-nation governing board, which is expected to approve the IAEA`s monitoring role.
The report says the IAEA can save minimal costs by reassigning some staff but most of the funding will have to come from contributions.
The six-month deal is scheduled to be implemented starting Monday and is meant as the first step toward a permanent accord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?