Iran monitors US warships movement in Persian Gulf: Navy chief
Tehran: Iran`s Navy Commander Rear Admiral Habibollah Sayyari said Tuesday that the Iranian naval forces enjoy full intelligence command over all the movements of US warships in the Persian Gulf, reported Xinhua, citing Press TV.
"We monitor all the movements of US warships and have intelligence command over their activities," Sayyari was quoted as saying by the channel.
"The presence of US warships in the free waters of the Persian Gulf and the Sea of Oman is in accordance with international law and we have not allowed the US to enter our territorial waters," said the Iranian commander.
The kingdom of Bahrain in the Persian Gulf is home to US Naval Forces Central Command and United States Fifth Fleet.
The US and over 25 other countries will hold the largest scale mine-sweeping exercise on Sep 16-27 in the Persian Gulf, in a show of unity and a defensive step to prevent Iran from attempting to block oil exports through the Strait of Hormuz.
Under Western sanction pressures on Iran`s oil exports, a number of Iranian commanders have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz and to block the flow of oil through this international waterway.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’