Iran moving closer to possessing nuke weapon: John Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has said that despite the continued diplomacy and tough sanctions being leveled against Iran, the country continues to get closer to possessing nuclear arms.
He pointed out that ‘lines have been drawn before and they`ve been passed.’
Kerry stressed that this is a very challenging moment with great risks and stakes for everybody because the region will be far less stable and far more threatened if Iran were to have a nuclear weapon, Fox News reports.
According to the report, he said the threat extends beyond the possibility that Iran could actually use the weapon on its enemies, specifically Israel.
Iran simply having a nuclear weapon would "spur a nuclear arms race" in the region and could be used to support terrorists groups like Hezbollah, he added.
Kerry also warned that despite last week`s negotiations in Almaty between the United States, it`s allies and Iran, which he called "useful," time for Iran to cooperate is running out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah