Iran moving closer to possessing nuke weapon: John Kerry
Washington: US Secretary of State John Kerry has said that despite the continued diplomacy and tough sanctions being leveled against Iran, the country continues to get closer to possessing nuclear arms.
He pointed out that ‘lines have been drawn before and they`ve been passed.’
Kerry stressed that this is a very challenging moment with great risks and stakes for everybody because the region will be far less stable and far more threatened if Iran were to have a nuclear weapon, Fox News reports.
According to the report, he said the threat extends beyond the possibility that Iran could actually use the weapon on its enemies, specifically Israel.
Iran simply having a nuclear weapon would "spur a nuclear arms race" in the region and could be used to support terrorists groups like Hezbollah, he added.
Kerry also warned that despite last week`s negotiations in Almaty between the United States, it`s allies and Iran, which he called "useful," time for Iran to cooperate is running out.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why