Iran not to renounce its nuclear rights
Tehran: Iran will not bow to pressure meant to discourage the country from pursuing its nuclear rights, Iranian Foreign Ministry has said.
The ministry spokesman, Ramin Mehmanparast, referring to the latest sanctions by the UN Security Council (UNSC) against the Islamic Republic over its nuclear programme, said Iran does not "welcome sanctions or resolutions", Press TV reported.
"The sanctions and resolutions are an illegal approach (to the issue) as our nation is being tried for a crime it has not committed," Mehmanparast said in an interview with the IRIB on Sunday.
The spokesperson pointed out that Tehran will continue to pursue the "nation`s basic rights and not renounce (them) in the face of pressures".
The UNSC imposed a fourth round of sanctions as part of punitive measures against the Islamic Republic on June 09, targeting Iran`s energy sector.
The US, Israel, and some of their allies accuse Tehran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear program.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Graham, the only human designed to survive car crash! Watch the video
- Meitu launches 'BeautyPlus Me' app in India
- Spine-chilling video: Woman dragged, killed by tiger at safari park in China
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix