Iran not to surrender to pressure: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that sanctions and pressure cannot force Tehran to surrender since Iranians are strong and always overcome problems, Xinhua reported.
"During the last 33 years, Iran has been faced with a wide range of political, security, military and economic pressure and sanctions," Fars news agency quoted Khamenei as saying.
"But the Iranian nation has defused these pressure and grown more powerful through its resistance," he added.
The growing pressure is mainly aimed at making the Iranian nation surrender, "but Iran has not bowed and will never surrender to pressure, and this has made the enemy furious".
The Iranian nation will overcome the harsh conditions through reliance on its natural wealth and talented people, said the Iranian leader.
The European Union imposed an oil embargo on Tehran in July.
Iran is under substantive sanctions, especially on its oil industry and oil exports, by the West over the country`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman