Iran not to surrender to pressure: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that sanctions and pressure cannot force Tehran to surrender since Iranians are strong and always overcome problems, Xinhua reported.
"During the last 33 years, Iran has been faced with a wide range of political, security, military and economic pressure and sanctions," Fars news agency quoted Khamenei as saying.
"But the Iranian nation has defused these pressure and grown more powerful through its resistance," he added.
The growing pressure is mainly aimed at making the Iranian nation surrender, "but Iran has not bowed and will never surrender to pressure, and this has made the enemy furious".
The Iranian nation will overcome the harsh conditions through reliance on its natural wealth and talented people, said the Iranian leader.
The European Union imposed an oil embargo on Tehran in July.
Iran is under substantive sanctions, especially on its oil industry and oil exports, by the West over the country`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy