Iran not to surrender to pressure: Khamenei
Tehran: Iran`s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said on Wednesday that sanctions and pressure cannot force Tehran to surrender since Iranians are strong and always overcome problems, Xinhua reported.
"During the last 33 years, Iran has been faced with a wide range of political, security, military and economic pressure and sanctions," Fars news agency quoted Khamenei as saying.
"But the Iranian nation has defused these pressure and grown more powerful through its resistance," he added.
The growing pressure is mainly aimed at making the Iranian nation surrender, "but Iran has not bowed and will never surrender to pressure, and this has made the enemy furious".
The Iranian nation will overcome the harsh conditions through reliance on its natural wealth and talented people, said the Iranian leader.
The European Union imposed an oil embargo on Tehran in July.
Iran is under substantive sanctions, especially on its oil industry and oil exports, by the West over the country`s nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government