Iran nuclear claim shows threat: Israeli official
Jerusalem: An Israeli official says a prominent Iranian lawmaker`s claim that Tehran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce atomic weapons reinforces Israel`s view that the Islamic Republic`s disputed nuclear program has a military dimension.
The Israeli official on Saturday reiterated demands that Israel`s Prime Minister issued last month: Iran must stop enriching uranium, remove all military-grade enriched material from the country, and dismantle its Fordo nuclear research site.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Iranian lawmaker Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam`s comment on the Iranian Parliament`s website late yesterday was the first time a prominent Iranian politician has publicly stated that Tehran has the capability to build a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble