Iran nuclear claim shows threat: Israeli official
Jerusalem: An Israeli official says a prominent Iranian lawmaker`s claim that Tehran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce atomic weapons reinforces Israel`s view that the Islamic Republic`s disputed nuclear program has a military dimension.
The Israeli official on Saturday reiterated demands that Israel`s Prime Minister issued last month: Iran must stop enriching uranium, remove all military-grade enriched material from the country, and dismantle its Fordo nuclear research site.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Iranian lawmaker Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam`s comment on the Iranian Parliament`s website late yesterday was the first time a prominent Iranian politician has publicly stated that Tehran has the capability to build a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details