Iran nuclear claim shows threat: Israeli official
Jerusalem: An Israeli official says a prominent Iranian lawmaker`s claim that Tehran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce atomic weapons reinforces Israel`s view that the Islamic Republic`s disputed nuclear program has a military dimension.
The Israeli official on Saturday reiterated demands that Israel`s Prime Minister issued last month: Iran must stop enriching uranium, remove all military-grade enriched material from the country, and dismantle its Fordo nuclear research site.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Iranian lawmaker Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam`s comment on the Iranian Parliament`s website late yesterday was the first time a prominent Iranian politician has publicly stated that Tehran has the capability to build a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra