Iran nuclear claim shows threat: Israeli official
Jerusalem: An Israeli official says a prominent Iranian lawmaker`s claim that Tehran has the knowledge and scientific capability to produce atomic weapons reinforces Israel`s view that the Islamic Republic`s disputed nuclear program has a military dimension.
The Israeli official on Saturday reiterated demands that Israel`s Prime Minister issued last month: Iran must stop enriching uranium, remove all military-grade enriched material from the country, and dismantle its Fordo nuclear research site.
He spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the matter.
Iranian lawmaker Gholamreza Mesbahi Moghadam`s comment on the Iranian Parliament`s website late yesterday was the first time a prominent Iranian politician has publicly stated that Tehran has the capability to build a nuclear bomb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Live TV shootout of American journalists shocks the world
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea