Iran nuke deal affords USD 7bn in sanctions relief: US
Washington: The United States and its allies will afford Iran with sanctions relief equivalent to USD 7 billion under the terms of a six-month nuclear deal signed today, the White House said.
In a statement laying out its take on the agreement, the US administration said Iran would not face further sanctions within the six months if it abides by its side of the deal.
"In total, the approximately USD 7 billion in relief is a fraction of the costs that Iran will continue to incur during this first phase under the sanctions that will remain in place," it said.
"The vast majority of Iran`s approximately USD 100 billion in foreign exchange holdings are inaccessible or restricted by sanctions," the White House statement added.
"In the next six months, Iran`s crude oil sales cannot increase. Oil sanctions alone will result in approximately USD 30 billion in lost revenues to Iran," it said.
But the White House promised that Washington and its allies would "not impose new nuclear-related sanctions for six months, if Iran abides by its commitments under this deal, to the extent permissible within their political systems."
In particular, it explained, the sanctions relief would lessen the pressure on Iran`s automotive and petrochemical sectors and on the trade in precious metals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed