Iran nuke issue can be solved through diplomacy only: Russia
Moscow: Russian Foreign Minister Sergei
Lavrov on Friday sought political and diplomatic efforts to
resolve the nuclear issue of Iran, as Premier Vladimir Putin
announced commission Bushehr nuclear power plant there.
After his talks with the visiting US Secretary of State
Hillary Clinton this evening, where the Iran nuclear issue
figured, Lavrov said the dispute could still be resolved
"We discussed Iran`s nuclear program. We have the same
objectives as our American partners - not to allow violations
of the nuclear weapons non-proliferation regime, to eliminate
the concerns about Iran`s nuclear activity and to provide for
full cooperation between Iran and the IAEA," Lavrov said at a
joint press conference with Clinton.
He said any possible sanctions against Iran must be aimed
solely at preventing any violation of nuclear
non-proliferation treaty (NPT), of which Tehran is a
"These demands (of sanctions) are aimed at achieving one
goal, namely: not to allow any violation of the nuclear
This was the only purpose of the sanctions issued
previously against Iran by the United Nations Security
Council. And any new discussion of Iran in the UN SC should
stick to this criterion," Lavrov underscored.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'