Iran offers help to US for Sandy victims
Washington: Mahmoud Mozaffar, the head of the Iranian Red Crescent Society`s Relief and Rescue Organisation, said his country is ready to help the victims of the natural disaster in America, according to Iran’s state-run media.
“Iran`s Red Crescent is prepared to help the victims in the US,” the New York Post quoted Mozaffar, as saying.
“Given its preparedness and ample experience in rescuing storms and floods victims, Iran`s Red Crescent can provide relief assistance for those affected in New York,” he added.
Meanwhile, the US authorities recently said that recovery efforts after the widespread devastation and destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy could be among the most expensive in the history of the country.
More than six million people are still without power across 17 states and the devastating storm has led to the deaths of over 60 people till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data