Iran offers help to US for Sandy victims
Washington: Mahmoud Mozaffar, the head of the Iranian Red Crescent Society`s Relief and Rescue Organisation, said his country is ready to help the victims of the natural disaster in America, according to Iran’s state-run media.
“Iran`s Red Crescent is prepared to help the victims in the US,” the New York Post quoted Mozaffar, as saying.
“Given its preparedness and ample experience in rescuing storms and floods victims, Iran`s Red Crescent can provide relief assistance for those affected in New York,” he added.
Meanwhile, the US authorities recently said that recovery efforts after the widespread devastation and destruction caused by Hurricane Sandy could be among the most expensive in the history of the country.
More than six million people are still without power across 17 states and the devastating storm has led to the deaths of over 60 people till now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown