Iran opposed to UN rapporteur`s visit: Official
Tehran: Tehran is opposed to any visit by Ahmed Shaheed, the UN special rapporteur on human rights situation in Iran, due to his "invalid" reports, reported Xinhua citing Secretary of Iran`s Human Rights Bureau, Mohammad-Javad Larijani.
Whaheed`s reports about the human rights situation in the Islamic republic are based on "anti-Iran websites and are thus invalid".
In his latest report in March, Shaheed charged Iran with cases of execution, arrest of journalists, confessions under duress, and denying religious, ethnic and sexual minorities of their basic rights.
On Sunday, Larijani said Shaheed`s March report is professionally "flawed," adding that Shaheed gives references to mere allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?