Iran opposed to UN rapporteur`s visit: Official
Tehran: Tehran is opposed to any visit by Ahmed Shaheed, the UN special rapporteur on human rights situation in Iran, due to his "invalid" reports, reported Xinhua citing Secretary of Iran`s Human Rights Bureau, Mohammad-Javad Larijani.
Whaheed`s reports about the human rights situation in the Islamic republic are based on "anti-Iran websites and are thus invalid".
In his latest report in March, Shaheed charged Iran with cases of execution, arrest of journalists, confessions under duress, and denying religious, ethnic and sexual minorities of their basic rights.
On Sunday, Larijani said Shaheed`s March report is professionally "flawed," adding that Shaheed gives references to mere allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch