`Iran opposes foreign interference in Syria`
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said the Islamic republic strongly opposes any plans leading to foreign interference in Syria`s internal affairs, the Press TV reported on Monday.
Salehi said on Sunday that Iran is against foreign interference in Syria, and believes the crisis in the Arab country cannot be resolved without the involvement of the Islamic republic, the Syrian government as well as influential parties in Syria, said the report.
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said on Saturday that the outcome of the Action Group on Syria ministerial meeting in Geneva had great significance for a political settlement of the Syrian issue.
He told reporters after ministers concluded a meeting all day long that the participating parties agreed to continue their support for the mediation of UN-Arab League Joint Special Envoy Kofi Annan.
They pledged efforts to back the implementation of his six- point proposal and relevant Security Council resolutions in a bid to establish a transitional governing body in Syria, and set up the Action Group on Syria to coordinate follow-up activities of the international community.
The parties also reiterated their respect for the independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Syria, and the need for a political transition to be led by the Syrian people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security