`Iran opposes foreign interference in Syria`
Tehran: Iran`s Foreign Minister Ali-Akbar Salehi said the Islamic republic strongly opposes any plans leading to foreign interference in Syria`s internal affairs, the Press TV reported on Monday.
Salehi said on Sunday that Iran is against foreign interference in Syria, and believes the crisis in the Arab country cannot be resolved without the involvement of the Islamic republic, the Syrian government as well as influential parties in Syria, said the report.
Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi said on Saturday that the outcome of the Action Group on Syria ministerial meeting in Geneva had great significance for a political settlement of the Syrian issue.
He told reporters after ministers concluded a meeting all day long that the participating parties agreed to continue their support for the mediation of UN-Arab League Joint Special Envoy Kofi Annan.
They pledged efforts to back the implementation of his six- point proposal and relevant Security Council resolutions in a bid to establish a transitional governing body in Syria, and set up the Action Group on Syria to coordinate follow-up activities of the international community.
The parties also reiterated their respect for the independence, sovereignty, unity and territorial integrity of Syria, and the need for a political transition to be led by the Syrian people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days