Iran outsourcing nuke program to North Korea?
Washington: Iran might be outsourcing its nuclear program and providing the country’s best scientist to North Korea, a report has said.
Reports that Iran’s leading nuclear scientist, Dr Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, was present for North Korea’s third nuclear test on February 11 have raising further concerns.
The London Times first reported on February 17 that Fakhrizadeh, who despite the terms of UN Security Council Resolution 1747, may have travelled “evidently to Pyongyang, most likely via China” to witness North Korea’s third and successful nuclear test.
In an exclusive interview with Fox News, Ambassador Thomas Graham, Jr, who has advised five US presidents on arms control and nuclear non-proliferation, noted that ‘if the assessments are correct as to Fakhrizadeh’s role in the Iranian nuclear program, then it would appear that China or at least some element in China are cooperating with nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran.’
According to the report, Graham also drew attention to North Korea’s completed uranium enrichment plant, which when visited by American experts in 2010, was described as “stunning and to be better than anything the Iranians have".
He added that ‘this opens the door via technology sold to North Korea years previously by Pakistani proliferator AQ Khan to build a significant number of weapons`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video