Iran plans to build two uranium enrichment sites
Tehran: Iran`s atomic chief said on Monday that Tehran is considering plans to build two new uranium enrichment sites in the next Iranian year which starts in March.
"Inshallah (God willing), in the next Iranian year as ordered by the president, we may start the construction of two new enrichment sites," Ali Akbar Salehi told a news agency.
Salehi said the new sites would be built inside mountains to avert any possible "attacks."
The enrichment capacity of the proposed plants will be of the size of Iran`s existing uranium enrichment facility located in the central city of Natanz, Salehi said.
"In these two new sites we intend to use new generation centrifuges," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader