Iran plans to build two uranium enrichment sites
Tehran: Iran`s atomic chief said on Monday that Tehran is considering plans to build two new uranium enrichment sites in the next Iranian year which starts in March.
"Inshallah (God willing), in the next Iranian year as ordered by the president, we may start the construction of two new enrichment sites," Ali Akbar Salehi told a news agency.
Salehi said the new sites would be built inside mountains to avert any possible "attacks."
The enrichment capacity of the proposed plants will be of the size of Iran`s existing uranium enrichment facility located in the central city of Natanz, Salehi said.
"In these two new sites we intend to use new generation centrifuges," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy