Iran plans to build two uranium enrichment sites
Tehran: Iran`s atomic chief said on Monday that Tehran is considering plans to build two new uranium enrichment sites in the next Iranian year which starts in March.
"Inshallah (God willing), in the next Iranian year as ordered by the president, we may start the construction of two new enrichment sites," Ali Akbar Salehi told a news agency.
Salehi said the new sites would be built inside mountains to avert any possible "attacks."
The enrichment capacity of the proposed plants will be of the size of Iran`s existing uranium enrichment facility located in the central city of Natanz, Salehi said.
"In these two new sites we intend to use new generation centrifuges," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference