Iran plans to build two uranium enrichment sites
Tehran: Iran`s atomic chief said on Monday that Tehran is considering plans to build two new uranium enrichment sites in the next Iranian year which starts in March.
"Inshallah (God willing), in the next Iranian year as ordered by the president, we may start the construction of two new enrichment sites," Ali Akbar Salehi told a news agency.
Salehi said the new sites would be built inside mountains to avert any possible "attacks."
The enrichment capacity of the proposed plants will be of the size of Iran`s existing uranium enrichment facility located in the central city of Natanz, Salehi said.
"In these two new sites we intend to use new generation centrifuges," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state