Iran Prez condemns EU, US over post-poll policies
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday condemned policies adopted by the US and European Union following the disputed June 12 Presidential Election, state media reported.
"You have clearly interfered in Iran`s internal affairs and were naive enough to think that you can damage the system but with God`s help you failed," Ahmadinejad said.
The EU and US have not acknowledged Ahmadinejad`s re-election and decried the country`s harsh approach towards protests over alleged election fraud as well the detained dissidents.
"You (world powers) will be held accountable for this ballyhoo you made in the world," the President said.
Tehran has several times accused the West of having provoked the mass protests against the government, and condemned Western support for the dissidents.
The row with the EU has prompted calls in Parliament to revise relations with some European states, namely Britain, France, Germany and Sweden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win