Iran Prez condemns EU, US over post-poll policies
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday condemned policies adopted by the US and European Union following the disputed June 12 Presidential Election, state media reported.
"You have clearly interfered in Iran`s internal affairs and were naive enough to think that you can damage the system but with God`s help you failed," Ahmadinejad said.
The EU and US have not acknowledged Ahmadinejad`s re-election and decried the country`s harsh approach towards protests over alleged election fraud as well the detained dissidents.
"You (world powers) will be held accountable for this ballyhoo you made in the world," the President said.
Tehran has several times accused the West of having provoked the mass protests against the government, and condemned Western support for the dissidents.
The row with the EU has prompted calls in Parliament to revise relations with some European states, namely Britain, France, Germany and Sweden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof