Iran Prez condemns EU, US over post-poll policies
Tehran: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Sunday condemned policies adopted by the US and European Union following the disputed June 12 Presidential Election, state media reported.
"You have clearly interfered in Iran`s internal affairs and were naive enough to think that you can damage the system but with God`s help you failed," Ahmadinejad said.
The EU and US have not acknowledged Ahmadinejad`s re-election and decried the country`s harsh approach towards protests over alleged election fraud as well the detained dissidents.
"You (world powers) will be held accountable for this ballyhoo you made in the world," the President said.
Tehran has several times accused the West of having provoked the mass protests against the government, and condemned Western support for the dissidents.
The row with the EU has prompted calls in Parliament to revise relations with some European states, namely Britain, France, Germany and Sweden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29