Iran protests to UN over new US sanctions
United Nations: Iran has protested to the
United Nations over the latest sanctions imposed on it by
the US government, calling the measures "extremely dangerous"
and aiming to harm civilians.
Iran`s UN Ambassador Mohammad Khazaei said in a letter to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that "continuation of
this awkward US policy is extremely dangerous and will never
serve to the maintenance of international peace and security."
The protest was made a day after the US government banned
dealings with the national airline Iran Air and a port
operator owned by Iran`s Revolutionary Guard. Both were
accused of involvement in banned weapons and technology
transfers helping Iran`s nuclear programme.
Iran faces four rounds of UN sanctions over its refusal
to halt uranium enrichment. The country, however, denies
Western allegations that it is trying to build a nuclear bomb.
The US government "has sought recourse to a set of
untrue and void allegations against my country in order to
justify its unfair treatment towards the Iranian people," the
ambassador said in the letter, part of which was released by
the Iranian mission.
"There is no doubt that the main purpose of such an
unrealistic and hostile policy is to affect the lives of the
entire Iranian population and breach international law on
harming civilians populations," Khazaei said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks