Iran quake rattles region near nuke reactor
Tehran: Iran says a moderate earthquake rattled a region near the country`s main nuclear reactor, but there were no reports of damage or deaths in the surrounding area.
The official Islamic Republic News Agency says today`s quake had a preliminary magnitude of 5.1 and was centered near Kaki, about 100 kilometers southeast of Bushehr on the Persian Gulf coast.
A more powerful 6.1 temblor struck the same area last month, killing at least 37 people and raising calls for greater international safety inspectors at the nuclear reactor in Bushehr.
Iran said there was no damage to the reactor in last month`s quake. The IRNA report today did not specifically address the reactor, but said there were no fatalities or damage in the latest quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report