Iran quake rattles region near nuke reactor
Tehran: Iran says a moderate earthquake rattled a region near the country`s main nuclear reactor, but there were no reports of damage or deaths in the surrounding area.
The official Islamic Republic News Agency says today`s quake had a preliminary magnitude of 5.1 and was centered near Kaki, about 100 kilometers southeast of Bushehr on the Persian Gulf coast.
A more powerful 6.1 temblor struck the same area last month, killing at least 37 people and raising calls for greater international safety inspectors at the nuclear reactor in Bushehr.
Iran said there was no damage to the reactor in last month`s quake. The IRNA report today did not specifically address the reactor, but said there were no fatalities or damage in the latest quake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list