Iran re-launches Russian-made submarine
Tehran: Iran`s state TV is reporting the country`s Navy re-launched one of its Russian-made submarines after repairing its systems with locally-made replacement parts.
Iran has tried to build a self-sufficient military program since 1992.
The report today says that Navy personnel overhauled the Taregh, one of its three Kilo class submarines, replacing 18,000 components including radar-evading cover, engine parts, propellers and radars.
State TV showed video of the re-launch from a dry dock in an Iranian port.
Iran added the three Kilo class submarines to its underwater fleet in early 1990s soon after it founded its submarine unit. Several smaller Iranian-built submarines have also been deployed by its Navy.
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on
- Funny video alert! ‘Housefull 3’ trio - Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan and Riteish Deshmukh - goes crazy
- Check jkbose.co.in for JKBOSE 12th Results 2016: Jammu and Kashmir Board Class 12 results declared
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal: Manohar Parrikar to make statement in Parliament today
- IPL 2016: Unsold at auction, Hashim Amla signed by Kings XI Punjab as replacement for injured Shaun Marsh