Iran `ready` for fresh nuclear talks: Top negotiator
Tehran: Iran`s top nuclear negotiator said on Tuesday the Islamic republic is ready for fresh talks with world powers over its atomic programme and that is has updated its package of proposals.
"The Islamic republic`s package of proposals is updated and ready and will be presented (to world powers)," Saeed Jalili, who also heads the country`s Supreme National Security Council, told reporters.
"We hope a new round of talks will be held for reaching a world full of progress and justice ... inshallah (God willing)."
He said Iran was ready with a "revised" package which was updated taking into consideration last year`s global developments, which included the economic recession and the Georgian crisis.
Jalili said the package will be directed at the five permanent members of the UN Security Council -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States -- plus Germany.
The six world powers are to meet near Frankfurt on Wednesday to look into harsher UN sanctions against Iran.
International pressure is mounting for a new round of tougher sanctions against Iran if it refuses to return to talks over its nuclear programme amid long-held suspicions it is working to develop atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary
- SHOCKING! Narsingh Yadav wanted to kill himself after dope test fiasco?
- Whoa! Ranbir Kapoor's new house is ready, GUESS who designed it?
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata