Iran `ready` for fresh nuclear talks: Top negotiator
Tehran: Iran`s top nuclear negotiator said on Tuesday the Islamic republic is ready for fresh talks with world powers over its atomic programme and that is has updated its package of proposals.
"The Islamic republic`s package of proposals is updated and ready and will be presented (to world powers)," Saeed Jalili, who also heads the country`s Supreme National Security Council, told reporters.
"We hope a new round of talks will be held for reaching a world full of progress and justice ... inshallah (God willing)."
He said Iran was ready with a "revised" package which was updated taking into consideration last year`s global developments, which included the economic recession and the Georgian crisis.
Jalili said the package will be directed at the five permanent members of the UN Security Council -- Britain, China, France, Russia and the United States -- plus Germany.
The six world powers are to meet near Frankfurt on Wednesday to look into harsher UN sanctions against Iran.
International pressure is mounting for a new round of tougher sanctions against Iran if it refuses to return to talks over its nuclear programme amid long-held suspicions it is working to develop atomic weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!