Iran ready to back N-plant projects with nations
Tehran: Iran is prepared to cooperate in the construction of nuclear power plants with the countries that possess the international standards, Press TV quoted Fereidoon Abbasi, the head of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran (AEOI), as saying.
"We are prepared to cooperate with the countries that possess the (International Atomic Energy) Agency`s required standards for the construction of nuclear power plants," reported Xinhua citing Abbasi.
Abbasi said Iran was "currently obtaining the required experience to be able to manage the issue of building new power plants".
Responding to a question on whether Japan was among the countries, Abbasi said: "Should they want to cooperate with us in this regard, we possess the preparedness to cooperate with them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal