Iran ready to host meet on Syria
Tehran: Iran is ready to host the next meeting of the quartet group on Syria set to begin in near future, the country`s foreign minister Ali-Akbar Salehi has said.
Salehi, during a joint press conference with visiting Guinea- Bissau`s foreign minister, here Sunday said that he had contacted his counterparts in the group -- foreign ministers of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey -- to speed up diplomatic efforts to find a solution to the Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
"A foreign ministerial meeting was decided to be held in near future and we voiced our preparedness to host the meeting," Salehi said.
On Saturday, Press TV reported that Syrian parliament speaker Jihad Allaham would pay a four-day official visit to Iran Monday.
In Tehran, he is set to hold talks with his Iranian counterpart Ali Larijani, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili and Salehi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes