Iran ready to host meet on Syria
Tehran: Iran is ready to host the next meeting of the quartet group on Syria set to begin in near future, the country`s foreign minister Ali-Akbar Salehi has said.
Salehi, during a joint press conference with visiting Guinea- Bissau`s foreign minister, here Sunday said that he had contacted his counterparts in the group -- foreign ministers of Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Turkey -- to speed up diplomatic efforts to find a solution to the Syrian crisis, Xinhua reported.
"A foreign ministerial meeting was decided to be held in near future and we voiced our preparedness to host the meeting," Salehi said.
On Saturday, Press TV reported that Syrian parliament speaker Jihad Allaham would pay a four-day official visit to Iran Monday.
In Tehran, he is set to hold talks with his Iranian counterpart Ali Larijani, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Supreme National Security Council Secretary Saeed Jalili and Salehi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore