`Iran ready to transfer nuke experience to Egypt`
Tehran: A senior Iranian lawmaker has said Iran is ready to transfer its know-how and experience in nuclear technology to Egypt, local media reported on Monday.
Iran and Egypt can do "joint activities in the nuclear field and Iran is ready to transfer its know-how and experience to Egypt, " Mansour Haqiqatpour, a member of Iran`s Majlis (Parliament) National Security and Foreign Policy Commission, was quoted as saying by the semi-official Fars news agency on Monday.
A day earlier, the Iranian lawmaker said that Egyptian President Mohammed Mursi would visit Iran`s Bushehr nuclear power plant on the sideline of the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) summit in Tehran, Press TV reported.
One of Iran`s programs on the sidelines of the NAM summit is inviting heads of states to visit Iran`s nuclear establishments, including Natanz, Isfahan and Bushehr nuclear facilities, said Haqiqatpour.
He maintained that "the Iranian nation and government care about Egypt as an Islamic state and want Egypt to be a glorious country in international circles, so Egypt`s President can visit all Iranian nuclear centres," according to Fars.
The visit to Iran`s nuclear centres by new Egyptian President can herald nuclear cooperation between Tehran and Cairo, he was quoted as saying.
In the upcoming summit, Egypt will hand over the movement’s rotating chairmanship to Iran.
The NAM meeting will be held in three phases: preparatory senior officials meeting on August 26-27, ministerial level meeting on August 28-29, and the summit on August 30-31.
Participants of the summit are expected to discuss a number of political and economic issues, as well as the latest regional and international developments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win
- Security in Kashmir reviewed following Pampore attack; Amarnath Yatra to begin soon
- Southwest monsoon progresses in Gujarat